A planning application has been submitted for a major mixed use development at Brook Park West, Clacton on Sea. The planning application is submitted in hybrid:
• The 9,765sqm / 105,110sqft retail / leisure development is submitted in full.
• The residential (200 dwellings), employment units (3,000sqm / 33,300sqft) and buffer landscape is submitted in outline.
It is proposed to deliver a new mixed use, leisure and retail based development, which builds on the success of Brook Retail Park, to serve Clacton and the wider area.
The masterplan layout has been developed based on three main constituent elements:
• Retail, leisure and employment - including large format retail units, discount food store, pub / restaurant, hotel, coffee shop drive thru and restaurant drive thru
• Residential – to include up to 200 dwellings
• Public open space
• Potential tenants include Lidl, Marstons, McDonalds and Costa